Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Journey Begins

Hello world,

My name is Bryan Odeen and I am a board-certified music therapist in Mason City, IA. I currently work for Iowa Hospice full-time as a music therapist. I travel to clients' homes and facilities across the northern counties of Iowa. I enjoy this job because it puts me in contact with so many great people with so many great stories. Whether a client, caregiver, administrator, friend, or family member, everyone has a story and I feel I gain so much from their stories. When my story and their story intersect, I strive to assist my clients with a compassionate presence, a comforting voice, and a guitar. It seems it only takes a few sessions before I become "That Nice Music Man", so that's what I've called this blog.

The focus on this blog will be to share stories, tips, and feelings from this full-time job and a blooming (albeit small) private practice I wish to establish here in Mason City and the north Iowa region. I hope the posts will be helpful, inspiring, and (at the very least) interesting.  Please feel free to check out my Facebook page by searching for Odeen Music Therapy. Also, feel free to comment.

Sincerely,
Bryan Odeen, MT-BC

No comments:

Post a Comment